Categories
Search
Bottom

Is bbpress work with custom post type ?

• Aezaz Shaikh
    Participant

@shaikhaezaz80

Hi all,

I am creating a course related membership site. I am using course ware plugin for course management. I also need forum for my registered members for course related discussion.

I google for best forum plugin for wordpress and found this bbpress plugin.

But I am confused, I am not sure whether it will work with my course post type or not because its custom post type.

What I actually want to do is: Suppose, I created 1 course say “bbpress installation” in course ware custom post type and I want to add 1 separate discussion board for this course. Is this possible with bbpress plugin ?

Let me know its really very urgent for me because my project is overdue. I really very appreciate quick and useful reply 🙂

Thank you in advance.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I’m not quite sure what you are asking.

do you want a separate forum for each course?
    and does each forum need to be private from the others?

so
    course 1 would have forum 1
    course 2 would have forum 2

that is do-able, but I am not sure where your question on custom post types comes in?

Aezaz Shaikh
    Participant

@shaikhaezaz80

Thank you my friend for your quick answer 🙂

yes I want separate discussion board for my each course and course are posts for “courses” custom post type.

Robin W

@robin-w

‘course are posts for “courses” custom post type.’

That is the part that confuses me.

Bbpress uses three custom post types – forum, topic and reply – none of which would concern you.

If you just want forums for each course, that is out of the box, but a course participant would be able to see other course’s forums – is this an issue?

Otherwise if you want separate private group forums then try adding the following plugin on top of bbpress.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bbp-private-groups

Since I have never used courseware I can’t say how well bbpress would integrate with it

I think you best option is to install bbpress and see how it works for you.

Aezaz Shaikh
    Participant

@shaikhaezaz80

Hi

Forgot course post type point. I just want separate discussion board for each course.

I installed bbpress crated forum and topics but can’t figure out how i create separate discussion board for each course?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, then install the plugin

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bbp-private-groups

then each course would have a group, and you would add users to that forum group.

Aezaz Shaikh
    Participant

@shaikhaezaz80

Okay understood. But how will i assign forums to course ? Sorry for my bad question but i am totally new in bbpress.

Thank you 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

since I don’t know courseware, I can’t directly say.

You could always put in a link

eg http://www.mysite.com/forums/forum1

from somewhere within courseware

Aezaz Shaikh
    Participant

@shaikhaezaz80

Let me check and I will tell you.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar