Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is bbpress.org forum theme available for BBPress 2?

• Mal
    Participant

@looimaster

I’m currently on BBPress 1 and I use very similar theme like bbpress.org forum has (its name is “kakumei” I guess?).

Is there something like that for BBPress2? It’s very clean & readable and I would love to use it 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Hi @looimaster. Net yet, though because it uses a custom contextual sidebar, it does take some dedicated template files and a child theme.

We’re going to open-source bbpress.org in 2013, at which time the theme will be available for people to hack around with.

Mal
    Participant

@looimaster

How about forum-only WordPress theme? This sounds like easily doable.

Or a theme that theme developers can integrate with their own theme if they copy things like register_sidebar() etc. to their functions.php? No need for child themes and things like that in this case.

I can think of many acceptable and convenient solutions 🙂

==========================
    It is very easy to modify BBPress 1 if you have theme in /bb-templates/ or /my-templates/ folder. You have to spend hours on going through BBPress files (because there is no documentation like in case of WordPress) but that’s fine with me.

I would like to move to BBPress2 because of a bit better documentation, more functions that I’m often missing, custom fields and if it’s made as custom post type then it’s actually easy to integrate with any theme in any way – very cool.

BBPress beats any solutions like PHPBB thanks to your simple, clever and therefore highly customizable project structure. Too bad that it’s evolving slowly because it’s a great thing 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar