Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Internal Server Error when recounting

• varsitysmack
    Participant

@varsitysmack

So, everything appeared to import successfully from my old bbpress version to the new 2.0 version, but when I went to recount everything I got an Internal Server Error. Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Are you using the bbconverter plugin?

If so, what is the server error?

*kinda need to know what the error is in order to troubleshoot

varsitysmack
    Participant

@varsitysmack

No, I used the built in tool included with bbpress 2.0 (the importer).

There was no error provided (unless it’s logged in my server’s log files that I haven’t checked yet). After I clicked on recount and checked all of the boxes and clicked go, the browser just spun and came with a page saying there was an internal server error. Not other information was given. No error codes or anything.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

You will probably need to look in the logs to get the true error.

I do have an educated guess though, and that is system resources such as ram running out during the count. These type of functions can become very intensive and require much more ram than normal.

*If that is the case, then ask your host to at least temporarily raise your limits so you can finish the counts.

**You can always try clicking just one recount at a time to see if it will go through? … never tried that, but seems like a decent guess lol

varsitysmack
    Participant

@varsitysmack

Thanks for the suggestion of clinking one recount at a time. That seemed to work for all except the ‘Recalculate last activity in each topic and forum’. I’ll call my hosting provider and ask them to bump up the ram.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar