Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integrating forum profile with author profile

• When you click on someones profile in the forums you’ll be taken to the forum/users/username which shows what you’ve entered in the about section as well as your forum activities. However, when someone clicks on the when when viewing a (blog) post that the same user has written you’ll be taken to the /author/username page showing which articles that user has written.

What I would like to do is to integrate the /forum/users/username page with the /author/username page so that every user has only one uniform profile page. Would this be possible? Are there any shortcodes to display “forum topics created” etc. so I can try modify the /author/username page?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ok, so I managed to quite easily to integrate the /author/username archive into the /forum/users/username but that’s actually not what I want. Can someone tell me which code call the “forum topics created”, “Favorite Forum Topics” etc.? I can’t seem to find it.

kevinvaughn

@kevinvaughn

I’m interested in the same information… I was sondering if there is a shortcode for this.

spiderfather

@spiderfather

got!thanks

in your bbpress theme file bbpress/content-single-user.php is what calls all the different sections of your forum profile, so you should be able to find the calls in there.

Incase you are having trouble locating it

<?php do_action( 'bbp_template_notices' );

// Profile details
    bbp_get_template_part( 'bbpress/user', 'details' );

// Subscriptions
    bbp_get_template_part( 'bbpress/user', 'subscriptions' );

// Favorite topics
    bbp_get_template_part( 'bbpress/user', 'favorites' );

// Topics created
    bbp_get_template_part( 'bbpress/user', 'topics-created' );

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar