Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integrated WP and BBPress Search?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I don’t think so. There is a way to edit the search template on your bbPress forum though to add another option to search your entire domain using google. I would just search the forum for it if you are interested, but not being what you want, I think it will take some time to get someone to write a plugin to do it for us.

Trent

peiqinglong

@peiqinglong

That route would be acceptable until someone does a plugin or a core modification. Thanks!

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

I have written a plugin to search the wp posts from bbpress search.

you can find the details here

http://www.adityanaik.com/projects/plugins/wp-search-from-bbpress/

Great work! That is so wicked so1o!

Trent

solo, is it possible to provide a few more details; I really don’t understand how to use this (eg, do I have to add something to search.php? if so, what and where?)

thanks,

Ahni

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

nope just drop the file in the directory my-plugins.. if you dont have the directory create that directory in the bbpress install and drop it in that..

hmm, then it seems I have a problem, because nothing shows when I do a search (just bbpress results). I haven’t upgraded yet, maybe that will fix it.

Per the readme, the template’s search.php must be modified to show post results. How, it doesn’t quite say, though I suspect that if I actually looked at search.php it’d be fairly obvious. ;)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar