Integrate wp2.7 and bbp1.0a2
Okay, I think I’ve experienced similar problems as most of you, and I just got mine working logging in and out from every angle with access to the admin panel on both. It still seems to hiccup a little when changing roles, so I am still trying to track that down, but I wanted to share where I am so far.
I am using the WordPress 2.7 beta 3 nightly build, and the bbPress 1.0 alpha 2. I am using various plug-ins and what-not and have akismet active on both.
My host is 1and1.com.
There are a few things that are of the utmost importance:
- I recommend BEING LOGGED INTO WORDPRESS AS ‘admin’ with user_id of ’1′ when you install bbPress. Any other Administrator account didn’t want to redirect to the admin panel properly. I assume the cookies will immediately conflict as they are shifted around, causing weird issues from the start.
- BOTH -config.php files need to have the AUTH, SECURE, and LOGGED_IN KEYS defined correctly.
- I personally also defined the SECRET_KEY in WordPress, although I’m not sure this is necessary yet.
- bbPress needs to have the salts entered correctly during installation so that they match WordPress. Fortunately the link to the hidden admin panel is provided during the install so you can get them pretty conveniently. I personally did not have a secure_salt so I left it empty.
- MUST add
$bb->WP_BB = true;
or your personal equivalent to bb-config.php
- I personally had to add
to my wp-config.php to make it go.
- Login to bbPress as ‘admin’ if you are already not, navigate to settings/wordpress integration, and adjust the role map accordingly.
- Visit bb-admin/rewrite-rules.php page and copy the code
- Put the following in a file named “.htaccess” file and place that file in the bbpress root directory:
YOUR PREVIOUSLY COPIED CODE
This is to make sure your URL’s are rewriting correctly.
- Clear all website cookies and attempt logging in either/or/both WordPress and bbPress. Access admin panels of both. Basically check for functionality.
That’s how I got mine working. Like I said, I’m still having issues assigning user roles for some reason, so I’ll try and figure that out next.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.