Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

integrate to a different WordPress

• My situation is this: I have two WP installations both oıf which require BBPRESS. So I installed bbpress_1 on WP_1 and did the integration. Everything works fine. My second WordPress installation WP_2 takes its users from WP_1. So in the config.php file for bbpress_2 I gave the info for WP_1. I installed the integration plugin to WP_2. But the integration does not work with bbpress_2.

My guess about what’s going on is this. WP_2 bbpress integration uses the user table from WP_2 as well (as could be expected) But since WP_2 uses the table from WP_1, its own user table which bbpress_2 uses to integrate is empty, hence no integration.

Could this be the problem and how do I get around it?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • What I would try is getting bbpress site 2 using the WP 1 users directly. Try using the cookie information from the docs:

If bbPress is not installed in a subdirectory of your WordPress install, you’ll probably need to adjust both bbPress’ and WordPress’ cookies to meet your specific requirements. Below is a brief outline of the variables and constants that control the cookie behavior in the two programs.

PHP bbPress WordPress

name $bb->usercookie USER_COOKIE

name $bb->passcookie PASS_COOKIE

path $bb->cookiepath COOKIEPATH

path $bb->sitecookiepath SITECOOKIEPATH

domain $bb->cookiedomain COOKIE_DOMAIN

Trent

It can be done, because wordpress, bbpress and wordpress MU all use the same user table because you can login to all 3 sites with the same information and user table (3 different bbpress installs).

Trent

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar