Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installing Plug In’s for BBpress

• demonicrock

@demonicrock

Greetings,

I am a new WP and BBpress user.. I have read through a few other threads here regarding similar issues.. I am tryign to install the “allow-images.php” plug in for a BBpress… I have created the my-pluguns folder in the root of BBpress and placed the “allow-images.php” file in that folder. My understanding is the next step should be to activate the plugin…..

Do i do that in the admin section of the forum? or admin section of WP?

I cannot see a plugins section on the forum side of BBpress.. I am familiar with installing plugins on regular WP…. Am i missing something here? If i am.. Where in BBpress admin is the plugin section?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• demonicrock

@demonicrock

As i was going through some other threads. I found this https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/no-site-keymasters?replies=5#post-909

could that be my problem? the admin ID (keymaster) was given a custom title just recently as yesterday…..

Pump

@pump

I have the same problem…

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you don’t have access to the bbPress admin, or you can’t see the plugins link once you’re in the admin, it’s possible you’re not the keymaster.

@demonicrock – what version of bbPress and WordPress did you install?

demonicrock

@demonicrock

hmmm.. that might be the problem then.. I am using an administrator ID, but someone else orig set it up and has the original admin (keymaster) ID.. Thought all permissions were the same… Is there a way to make additional ID’s with same permissions as the orig admin (keymaster) ID?

I have the latest versions of both WP and BBpress..

thx for the reply

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

You have to be a KEYMASTER to see the advanced settings/plugins menu in bbPress

A regular administrator in bbPress only has slightly more rights than a moderator.

If you are already the keymaster (and user #1) and still can’t see the plugins section, perhaps try this plugin to fix it:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/fix-admin-access/

(it’s an auto-load plugin so it doesn’t need activation)

demonicrock

@demonicrock

Ok! Thanks CK!……

demonicrock

@demonicrock

oh, is there any way to make a few of the administrators “keymasters” as well so that they will have same access as user#1 admin ID?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Yes, a keymaster can make other members keymasters, just edit their profile and change level.

Just remember you are giving 100% access to those people.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar