Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installing BBpress and creating / registering new users for your forum.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• JV44HeinzBar
    Participant

@jv44heinzbar

Hi @purplep,
    Thanks for typing out these instructions. I’ve done everything that you instructed for my webpage, . Unfortunately, the registration doesn’t appear to be working. The page that opens up when clicking “register” is the login page.

I followed your instructions exactly with the exception of : “Now go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag and drop the ‘BBloggin Widget’ into your side bar (on the left. Make sure you have the side bar activation in Appearance > Customize > Layout)” My widgets are on the right side.

Please check out my website and tell me what you think.

Sincerely,
    Heinz

the one b
    Participant

@the-one-b

Hey @purplep,

Thanks for this. I have just gotten into WordPress and I’m working my way through learning what’s going on. Your directions were easy and to the point.

Thanks,
    B

alaskatoargentina
    Participant

@alaskatoargentina

Thanks, however unfortunately the default bbPress installations don’t include a visible sidebar for widgets, regardless of widget sidebar used under Appearance > Widgets

Any ideas on how to make visible the widget sidebar?

epanagio
    Participant

@epanagio

Thanks!
    For any others that may need help:
    In the latest wordpress installation the “BBloggin Widget” is called “BBpress Login widget” and you drop it in the “Primary widget area” which is located on the right of the middle.

kaptaan234
    Participant

@kaptaan234

when i click on registration tab to check it give me error users registration is currently not allowed

gilc
    Participant

@tuneupgeek

To follow purplep’s instructions, would you please help me find Layout using Appearance > Customize > Layout?

JV44HeinzBar said that the page that opens up when clicking “register” is the login page, and I’m having the same problem.

Also, while I know alaskatoargentina’s post is old, and while I’m not an expert, about what alaskatoargentina asked, it might be possible to get a sidebar by using a different theme.

Do we need to select the checkbox “Disable ajax page loading”? I couldn’t find it.

Robin W

@robin-w

purplep’s instructions are for version 1 of bbpress which was 7 years ago

Do we have to select the bbPress template page for User Register? A page said that this can be done by clicking on the drop-down Template menu on the right hand section of the screen and selecting bbPress – User Register. But, I couldn’t find that either.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress just uses wordpress registration and login, so anything that works for wordpress registration will be fine.

Thank you, Robin W.

I’m curious why (if anything that works for WordPress registration will work for bbPress forum registration) the bbPress Login Widget was made.

Robin W

@robin-w

I’m not a bbpress author, but many find the widget useful

Thanks again, Robin W.

What do they find it useful for?

The reason I asked Robin W. that question is because if the bbPress Login Widget has more than the following three options

1. Title: Here you can set the title of the widget as it will be displayed in the sidebar.
    2. Register URI: Link to your custom signup page eg. A WordPress page using the [bbp-register] shortcode.
    3. Lost Password URI: Link to your lost-password page eg. A WordPress page using the [bbp-lost-pass] shortcode.

then I might be missing out on too much to use a different Login Widget instead, and therefore I should try harder to figure out how to use the bbPress Login Widget, even though I’ve been struggling to figure out how to use it for a very long time.

Also, I hate having to get new plugins because I can’t figure out how to use the plugins that I already have, because that seems inefficient.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar