Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installing bbPress

• I downloaded the zip file and it unzipped itself into a folder. When I tried to upload the folder in my root (html) directory it will not do so as a folder but as individual files. Is that ok and what will be the URL if I upload it into the root (html) directory to access the forums as admin?

Also I am using WP 2.8.4, so do I need to use the WP Integration Plugin with it?

Thank you.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You don’t need any integration plugins if you’re using WP 2.8.4 with bbP 1.0.2.

I’m afraid I don’t quite understand what you mean by it not uploading as a folder though? As long as you keep the basic structure (so you still have bb-admin, bb-includes, bb-plugins and bb-templates folders), you’ll be fine.

To access bbPress as an admin, you need to log into bbPress using the admin account and then a link will be displayed to the Admin panel.

I meant it uploads the contents of the folder separately in the HTML directory, not the entire folder that I unzipped. Is it to be uploaded in the HTML directory? How do I access it the first time, what URL do I use?

Thank you.

Oh right, that’s fine. The URL will be <your website>/bbpress if it’s uploaded into a directory called bbpress, or you can move all the files into the html directory if you want the URL to be <your website>.

Thanks. I definitely do not want the URL to be my website. SO I will create a new directory and upload the contents from the folder and then access the forums using <my website>/bbpress. I guess it is pretty much self explanatory from there. Will shout out if I need help.

Thank you.

Also kawauso, when I create the new directory within HTML will the URL needed to open the bbpress be <my website>/bbpress.html?

Thank you.

No, it’s a directory, it’s just <your website>/<directory name>. You can put /index.php after if you want though.

Do I need need to integrate WP 2.8 and bbPress1.0? I thought I did not need a plugin to do that anymore. Is that a required step or once I uoload bbPress onto my server it will be good to go with WP 2.8? Is there a plugin that helps with integration, if necessary?

Thank you.

Do I need to create a new database or use the existing WP database?

Thank you.

@Ed

Integration is not mandatory. It can be useful if you want site wide login sync and share users among WP & bbP. You can use the same database. No plugin is required for integration.

I replied to your email but it seems to have some problem so I sent you a mail via your contact form too.

Thanks.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar