Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installed and now i have a blank page

• Hey,

I installed bbpress and got through all the steps and it brought me to a blank page when the install was done.

http://lostinsound.org/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress/

After I did the install it told me that it had installed but with some errors. I assume that this is why i see a blank screen. I think I messed up entering some of the Salt things because I couldn’t find two of them my admin panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RObbie

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • here is the exact error message

>>> WordPress cookie keys not set.

>>>>>> Your “bb-config.php” file was not writable.

>>>>>> You will need to manually re-define “BB_AUTH_KEY”, “BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY” and “BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY” in your “bb-config.php” file.

Forum could not be created!

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Hi Robo523,

This bbPress is not the BuddyPress plugin called bbPress, although that is based on this bbPress (it’s bbpress without backPress).

Your best bet is to ask on the Buddypress forum.

Good Luck

I installed bbpress and buddypress, I am not having a problem with buddypress integrating with bbpress, I am having a problem getting bbpress to work so the forum to be on is this bbpress forum.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Sorry Robo, i know it’s confusing, apologies if i wasn’t clear. You’re not using bbPress.

bbPress is a standalone forum that can integrate logins/users with WordPress. It sits in its own folder.

You’re installing the bbpress plugin for buddypress which is a plugin for wordpress. (yes, it’s a nightmare that they have the same name)

http://lostinsound.org/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress/”

If you’re in “wp-content/plugins” in any way shape or form, we can’t really help on this forum. I know it’s confusing because someone at autoMATTic decided to keep the same name for a totally serarate project, but thats where we are.

Anyway, the Buddypress folks are top notch, and they’ll sort you out v quickly :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar