Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installation Errors, every time, DB Issue

• I have tried installing this on my server several tims the last 2 days with no end in sight. I have attempted two different methods, and both times, I am given the same errors. I am trying to install bbpress on jeromyboyd.com/forums (my wp installation is on the root), and attempting to use my wp DB, using the options in the config file to integrate it with the DB. I am for the most part certain I am entering the prefix info correctly, and don’t see why a bb installation would not work in the same DB as my p installation is, as from what I gather, that is one of the aims of bb. Regardless, if this is not so, let me know, but I have even tried installing bb in it’s own DB with the same errors as below. When I direct my browser to jeromyboyd.com/forums/bb-admin/install.php, I immediately get the following errors:

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Access denied for user ‘thecross’@’localhost’ (using password: NO) in /home/thecross/public_html/jeromyboyd.com/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php on line 80

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/thecross/public_html/jeromyboyd.com/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/thecross/public_html/jeromyboyd.com/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php:80) in /home/thecross/public_html/jeromyboyd.com/forums/bb-admin/install.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/thecross/public_html/jeromyboyd.com/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php:80) in /home/thecross/public_html/jeromyboyd.com/forums/bb-includes/functions.php on line 1898

Below those errors I see the installation pages as normal, letting me fill out all the information and following the steps all the way through completion. I have checked and rechecked my SQL password, which I am certain has been entered correctly in the config.php file, but nothing. The bb installs, and I can even route to the front page of the forum, but when I log in, I get the same errors without the forum template below it, just those warnings.

Some guidance on how I can resolve this, as I am sure I am making a mistake on my side, but my knowledge of MySQL is limited. Thanks ahead of time.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar