Categories
Search
Bottom

Install Plugins button not showing up

• dvharrison
    Participant

@dvharrison

Hi all

I have installed BBPress version 1.2 to act as a standalone forum alongside my online shop http://folliclehealth.com/forum/ (we don’t have WordPress installed). I created it in a separate folder so it doesn’t interfere with the main website.

Everything has gone brilliantly but I have found that there is no Install plugin button in the admin area.

Is this normal and if so, how am I supposed to integrate plugins (eg anti-span, etc)?

Please advise.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• fontadoni
    Participant

@fontadoni

Plugins in the old version of bbpress need to be uploaded by ftp, there’s no button or search for that. I advise you install wordpress and use the latest bbpress plugin version instead, even if you don’t want to use wordpress. I just converted from the standalone version a few weeks ago and I’m glad I did.

Why would you want to install a version that’s not supported anymore, when you have the option to start fresh with the latest version? You’ll run into a lot of problems eventually so might as well do it now.

dvharrison
    Participant

@dvharrison

Hi fontadoni

I thought it was the latest version of bbpress. It was on softalicious. No problem, I shall download the latest version from these site.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar