Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

install for beginner

• Hi Guys

I have installed wordpress 2.7 and now bbpress 0.9.0.4, I would like to intergrate bbpress with wordpress.

Now I have tried putting in the database info used by wordpress but bbpress tell me that it had a problem connecting to the database.

Do I have to create a different database for bbpress?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

WordPress 2.7 and bbPress don’t integrate. But that’s not why you’re having trouble integrating the two. If bbPress can’t connect to the database, it’s because one of the connection details is incorrect, or was left out. People sometimes forget to enter the hostname in the database connection details since I think it’s called “advanced database settings” or something. If you need to enter a hostname and have not, that’s likely the connection problem.

You do not need to create a different database for bbPress, and integration is easiest when you use the same database.

Really!! when will bbpress and wordpress 2.7 work together? any updates available?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The alpha of bbPress works with WordPress 2.7, but there is no target release date that I know of.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar