Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

insert a post prior to first post

• is there a way (plugin?) to insert a post at the beginning of the thread by the administrator/moderator? thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Would it be the same on the top of every topic, or would you want the ability to post something different on each new topic? If you always want the same thing, you could just edit the template file topic.php and put the content you want displayed there. There is also this function (in 1.0 anyway) in topic.php <?php do_action('under_title'); ?> – looks like you could hook under_title with a plugin, but if you just want the same thing at the top of topic.php, I think I would just edit the template file.

chris, i want to be able to insert a first post on certain threads, which i feel need it.

actually, i have a specific idea i want to accomplish, and there are two ways that i can think of implementing it – one that would utilize both wordpress/bbpress – the other would just use bbpress.

chris, could you, or anyone else with extensive wordpress/bbpress knowledge, email me at wldct6[at]yahoo[dot]com so i can describe exactly what i want to do, and help me figure out the best way to do it?

thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar