Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Inactive Accounts

• chrisjdavisorg

@chrisjdavisorg

I was informed by the support folks at $work that the support forums I built for them were broken. After some investigation I found that all the user accounts, including the original admin account are showing up in the admin as Inactive (no role).

How in the world did this happen exactly? The accounts are migrated from an existing non bbpress db upon login, and we don’t send the new user email. Is there a step that I missed somewhere that stops the accounts from being deactivated after a timeout? e.g. Is there an account verification step that I wasn’t aware of that has now been tripped, deactivating all the accounts?

Really lost here as to where to do next. All the role data in the usermeta table is fine, and I can’t find any references to any verification process in the code. Any help out there?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

How long was it working before it became broken? Any changes that could contribute to breaking it (software upgrade, server upgrade, new host?)

What bbPress version are you using?

chrisjdavisorg

@chrisjdavisorg

Around 3 weeks of worry free activity. There haven’t been any software upgrades to bbPress, and no new plugins/themes. I am using the latest stable release. The environment is our own internal setup. No changes there as well.

Is it integrated with WordPress and, if so, did they upgrade WP to 2.9 recently?

chrisjdavisorg

@chrisjdavisorg

No and no unfortunately. For the sake of argument, what exactly in the upgrade would have made this happen? Trying to explore all avenues here.

chrisjdavisorg

@chrisjdavisorg

Thanks for all the help guys. The sys admins pushed out a new php.ini file that had magic quotes turned on. This broke bbpress terribly.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Glad you found it. Generally things don’t go from working to non-working on their own without something to trigger that. In this case it was triggered by something you didn’t know anything about. Thanks for posting this for others to see.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar