Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Importing users?

• I have about 10,000 users in a social network I run, in a proprietary format. I can, however, script an export from that system into any other format.

Is there a way I can import the users into bbpress and preserve as much as possible, like username, email, creation date (very important since some users go back over a decade!) and whatever else I can take along. User avatar?

Thanks,

doug

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • bbPress 2.1 includes a conversion tool to import forums/topics/replies/users from some of the popular forum packages eg. bbPress or phpBB

There is an ‘example’ file also included as a ‘reference template’ that if your 10,000 users are in a MySQL database then you could easily modify this to be a custom importer by matching the correct database tables/fields etc

The file is called ‘example.php’ and is located in /wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-admin/converters

I will take a look at the example file. Actually, my current site is not SQL based (it is an object-oriented database) so I have to script an export into some importable format, if possible.

Thanks,

doug

The easiest way would then be to export your data to a CSV file (or other flat file format) and setup a MySQL database to match your current user data fields, import that data and customize the bbPress import template to match.

Cheers,

Stephen

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar