Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Importing large'ish forums into bbPress 2.0

• Ryan Hellyer
    Participant

@ryanhellyer

Have any of you tried importing large/medium sized bbPress 0.9/1.0 forums into bbPress 2.0? If so, did the migration go successfully, or were there a few hiccups in getting the data to port in one chunk?

I attempted to migrate a reasonably big forum this afternoon and it didn’t go particularly well. It threw an error (can’t remember what it said – need to attempt again) and locked me out of WordPress. The automated database backup worked well, so I was able to get it back up and working just fine though.

There’s around 115,000 posts and 44,000 users in the forum I was attempting to migrate.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• astrolosophy

@astrolosophy

I had the same problem and could not log back into my wordpress. Not only am I locked out but when I go to the myphp admin, the tables have been modified and I cannot figure out how to get everything back to normal. Any suggestions?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

When it comes time to migrate the bbPress.org forums, we’ll likely have similar issues. Whatever solution we come up with, I’ll be sure to make available.

Treebeard

@malawimama

I’ve been researching for hours, trying to find a way to import bbpress standalone to bbpress 2.0 in wordpress. First I imported posts from phpBB to bbPress standalone, looks like it worked, then I installed the WP plugin.

I came across this topic but it was closed so I can’t post a question there:

bbPress Standalone to Plugin Converter Beta 2

In the last post you said:

Closing this topic, as the importer is now bundled with bbPress 2.0

I can’t seem to find an importer there anywhere, I checked the Settings under the Settings > Forums menu, and all I can see are the main forum settings. Checked the Readme file with the plugin, there’s no mention of it.

Can you tell me where to find the Importer? I need to get this huge site up and running by 7/1 and I don’t want to use the Standalone version because that means 2 admin pages.

Thanks!!! :)

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

@malawimama – The importer is located at /wp-admin/import.php or Tools -> Import from the admin panel.

Has anyone figured out how to get back into the admin panel? I tried to import bbPress via the tools menu and immediately got locked out of wordpress. I have no idea how to get back in and I’m freaking out!

Treebeard

@malawimama

have you tried to login with your bbpress login? It probably changed the database.

Yes, I have tried to login with the bbPress login and it didn’t work.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar