Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Important update for bbpress seo tools


  • Olaf Lederer
    Member

    @finalwebsites

    While this plugin is not available on the bbpress site, I post this information here to reach as many user as possible:

    Just noticed that the old version of the bbpress SEO pluging doesn’t work with the current bbpress version (1.02).

    Because the old method to handle and meta keywords stopped working we did a quick update.

    This is a required update for user of bbpress 1.x!

    Using the old version with bbpress 1.x will result in loosing rankings search engine result pages!

    What is changed:

    • We fixed the code that is responsable for the meta keywords and the “noindex” option.
    • Optimizations of the admin page (information, spellcheck).

    Download the new version here:

    http://www.finalwebsites.com/bbpress/bbpress-seo-tools.php

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • it works well for me.


    Olaf Lederer
    Member

    @finalwebsites

    The new version is fine, it’s just the old version :) if you update you’re fine

    Works, but finnsih ä, ö, å and Ä, Ö, Å does’nt work. Any help?


    Olaf Lederer
    Member

    @finalwebsites

    which encoding do you use utf-8?

    and please send me your URL

    Utf-8

    My forum is bbPress 1.0.2 and url is http://keskustelu.hpguru.net/

    Thank you. :)

    PS: There is http://keskustelu.hpguru.net/topic/kayta-googlea ä and ö. And in many others topics.


    Olaf Lederer
    Member

    @finalwebsites

    Hi,

    locate in the plugin file the function

    function create_seo_meta_txt($content) {
    $raw = str_replace(PHP_EOL, ' ', strip_tags($content));
    $raw = str_replace(' ', ' ', $raw);
    $snippet = substring_words($raw, 120, '');
    return htmlentities($snippet, ENT_QUOTES);
    }

    and replace “htmlentities” with “wp_specialchars”.

    Let me know if this works for you. This plugin is a little quick and dirty for these functions :)

    The seo plugin for wordpress has for internationalization huge blocks of code :)

    Thank you for fast help. This works good now. :)


    Olaf Lederer
    Member

    @finalwebsites

    Great than it’s time to change that :)

    does the new version work on bbPress 0.9?

    I also had the problem with international characters and I think I solved it the same way (using wp_specialchars)


    Olaf Lederer
    Member

    @finalwebsites

    Hi,

    I used the almost the same version before for bbpress 0.9, it’s just the one important change for old users upgraded to 1.0. Just try it or better upgrade to bbpress 1.02

    it works fine for me

    this version does not work correctrly on bbPress 0.9 branch. I get these PHP Warnings:

    Warning: Missing argument 1 for bb_get_topic_tags(), called in /.../forum/my-plugins/bb-seo-tools.php on line 102 and defined in /.../forum/bb-includes/functions.php on line 1058

    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /.../forum/my-plugins/bb-seo-tools.php on line 105


    Olaf Lederer
    Member

    @finalwebsites

    @dragunoff, upgrade to the latest bbpress version :)

    Usign bb-seo-tools 1.02:

    * Plugin Name: bbpress SEO tools

    * Plugin Description: Optimize your page titels and meta tags with this simple SEO plugin.

    * Author: Olaf Lederer (finalwebsites.com)

    * Author URI: http://www.finalwebsites.com/

    * Plugin URI: http://www.finalwebsites.com/forums/forum/bbpress-plugins-and-modifications

    * Version: 1.02

    But getting these warnings upon reading a forum post:

    Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/…/public_html/forum/my-plugins/bb-seo-tools.php on line 178

    Using bbPress 1.0.2

    It’s not my site but you can see the warning in action here at the moment:

    http://www.macmend.com/forums/topic/188

    Looks like

    $row = $bbdb->get_row(“

    SELECT um.meta_value AS role

    FROM $bbdb->users AS u, $bbdb->usermeta AS um

    WHERE u.ID = um.user_id

    AND um.meta_key = ‘bb_capabilities’

    AND u.user_status = 0

    AND u.ID = $user_id

    “);

    returns NULL

    -

    I temporarly fixed this by adding:

    if(is_array($arr)) { on line 177

    and a closing bracket } on line 186 just before return $is_mod.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.