Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I'm finished (I think?)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

After a few days tweaking and tinkering I think I am finally at a point where I am happy with the current way my forum looks.

I am going to be adding as much useful information and tools around the forums as possible, but I am really enjoying bbPress at the moment.

Theme: Custom based off twentyten
    Forum: bbPress 2.1
    Mobile Theme: jQuery Mobile (works really nice apart from the forums).

Check it out, let me know what you think, good or bad!

http://teamoverpowered.com/forums/

P.s. I am not a designer so the design could look interesting in parts of the site lol, thanks for your time in checking it out!

• This topic was modified 11 years, 8 months ago by Lynq.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Pretty awesome!

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Thanks! I am going to search around for something interesting to put next to latest discussions.

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Wow I found out last night that my whole forum exploded in IE!!

I had to go through and do a huge amount of changes to get it working. My markup was not nesting correctly, doh!

IE was actually useful, who knew.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

I’m on Chrome 21, and I don’t see anything in any of the “Last Poster” fields.

You should post the tweaks you made to get the slick the category/sub-forum setup. That’s a common request around here, plus I’m just curious which way you went about it 🙂

I started working on a theme where I was doing that and it ended up being a PITA.

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

@Erlend is chrome 21 a beta version? If it is then I won’t be testing on that until it is fully released.

@Jaredatch I did a lot of customization, but the big thing I did was setup my own function inside the bbpress_functions.php – It is basically the same as the bbp_list_forums but it has a flag for freshness_block which then calls my last_poster block function.

It is pretty awesome, I could put something up even more detailed if people would like.

You should post it or create a gist of it 🙂

I’m working on creating some 2.1 themes to release (for free, naturally) and my goal is to have one that has a structure very similar to what you did on your forum – which looks great!

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Thanks! I have put up a topic showing how I created the subforum setup.

The post has temporarily gone missing but I am hoping it will get displayed soon! I suppose it might of got put into spam because of the length of the message, if such a thing exists?

jjj said he tried to find your post but couldn’t dig it up, so maybe it didn’t go through. You’ll have to repost it 🙁

Indeed it does look good, and looks good in Chrome 22 😉

Along with Chrome as my default browser I do all my ‘dev’ stuff in ‘Chrome Canary’ which allows for a ‘side-by-side install’ so that I can run Canary and Chrome Stable at the same time.

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/chromesxs

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Oh nice thanks for the tip netweb! That is pretty awesome, I have always wanted to “Get on the bleeding edge of the web” lol, great tagline.

Hopefully there isn’t too many issues with the CSS but I find it does get quite complicated between the main forum pages and then the subforum pages aswell.

> I have always wanted to “Get on the bleeding edge of the web” lol,
    > great tagline.

lol… I’ll show you that later 😉

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Awesome can’t wait! lol.

Man I envy your forums. what i want for my site. http://www.evilsourcegaming.com

Looks Great! Did you use a widget for the “Latest Discussion” Section?

• This reply was modified 11 years, 7 months ago by CustomTB.
    • This reply was modified 11 years, 7 months ago by CustomTB.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar