Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I demoted myself

• cole07

@cole07

I was a Keystone Master or something and I demoted myself to admin… how can I get the spot back?

Or how can I hack the script to give the next registered members this Keystone Master spot?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• fel64

@fel64

It may be easiest to modify the database entry. Backup your databases, then open PHP MyAdmin or the like.

You need to know your user id number, which is probably the number in the URL when you go to your profile. Run a query like

SELECT * FROM wp_usermeta WHERE user_id = 1 AND meta_key = 'bb_capabilities' (changing 1 to your user id) to show the relevant field. Edit this entry so that you’re made a Key Master again. I don’t know what it should be, but for my account (I’m a Key Master) it’s

a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;}

Since this may break things, you need to have a database backup first.

stuzog
    Participant

@stuzog

I’m having a similar problem in that I may have deleted the Key Master user, as when I log in as ‘admin’ (which was my Key Master) I don’t get the Admin link to go to the Dashboard.

It happened after I deleted a Key Master user, although I thought that admin was still a key master. However, I’m getting all sorts of problems with not being able to log back in after changing the password. It seems not to to ‘take.’

stuzog
    Participant

@stuzog

I tried changing the database directly as described, but it didn’t seem to work. I didn’t have much in it so I dropped it entirely via phpMyAdmin and reinstalled, which created a new Key Master. Now, the Dashboard is accessible again.

The ability to delete all key masters is a definite major design bug. The last one must remain protected. Is this to be fixed? And how about calling the first (and last) key master the Owner? After all, it belongs to him or her to do with as he or she wishes.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar