Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Huge bbpress problem! Bad wordpress integration!

• So my bbpress is broken, and I don’t know how to fix it.

I built my site with wordpress in a sub directory. I integrated my bbpress with my wordpress and it worked great!

Then I decided that I wanted my URL to look like its own domain, instead of a subdomain. My wordpress went from being

brandonmdennis.com/oxhorn

to

oxhorn.com

I saved my pagelinks and presto, everything is snazzy. I went to check my forum, however, and it was broken. My forum was missing, but I still saw the admin section. So no sweat, I logged into the dashboard and proceeded to change the URL in settings from

brandonmdennis.com/oxhorn/forum

to

oxhorn.com/forum

Thinking that this would solve the issue. I clicked update, and got to an “oops! page not found” screen. But now I can’t even log into my bbpress install dashboard. Everything I do now sends me to an “oops” error page.

I tried uninstalling bbpress by removing the folder and removing the wordpress bbpress integration plugin. I tried doing a new, clean installation of bbpress, but when I get to step two I see the message “Woops! Looks like you already have bbpress installed” and it wont let me go further. I even tried installing it in a different subdirectory and got the same problem. My questions are:

1) How do I re-install bbpress?

2) Is there some code I need to remove from my wordpress installation?

3) How do I re-integrate my bbpress with wordpress so that they share the same database? I had it working splendidly until I changed my WordPress domain name.

WordPress site:

oxhorn.com

Bbpress installation:

brandonmdennis.com/oxhorn/forums

Thanks all!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Rohan Kapoor

@rohan_kapoor

Your problem is the bbpress database tables. you can directly change the bb_optionmeta table to show the changes to the new location. That should fix it. Also delete your .htaccess fiel.

Thank you SO much! I went in and just deleted all tables that started with bb_ then I was able to reinstall my forum.

Woot!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar