Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

HTML doesn't render when copied and pasted

• Nate
    Participant

@caming

Is this a known issue? It shows up fine when pasted into the Editor, but once published, it just displays raw HTML.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What user role are you? What HTML are you posting? Are you putting this code int he visual tab or the text tab (pre 2.3.1)?

Nate
    Participant

@caming

I’m the keymaster but its affecting everyone. And it’s your traditional HTML, nothing fancy. A few span codes, but nothing is rendering at all.

In fact, and probably an even bigger problem: I just posted to the site from the VISUAL tab, and the resulting post was pure code! This has only started happening since switching to 2.3.1, and I’m also using your new plugin.

Nate
    Participant

@caming

To clarify: The post I just made wasn’t a copy and paste. I simply used the toolbar to format my post, and it just displays the code on the following page.

Nate
    Participant

@caming

And yet ANOTHER problem: If you go in to EDIT a post, the edit box itself only shows the code you posted, and not the rendered HTML.

Nate
    Participant

@caming

… to my knowledge, this was never a problem with 2.3. Did this last update cause all of these issues? I swear I tested the living hell out of this thing and NEVER came across these problems before.

I’m confused. Are you posting HTML that you want to _parse_ or are you posting HTML that you want in a code block like:

<html>
       <title>Howdy!</title>
    </html>

Nate
    Participant

@caming

I need it to parse and it isn’t parsing (it will work intermittently, but when it does, if you go in to edit, it only displays the code block). Extremely frustrating and new to the latest update .

What is the exact code?

Nate
    Participant

@caming

Jared,
    Here’s an example: I just ran a bunch of test posts on a private forum, and they all parsed fine, with two exceptions.

First, the blockquote function isn’t working. It moves it forward in the Visual editor, but doesn’t parse at all.

Second, I decided to create a bulletted list, and this was the result.
    <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>slkdfjsdklajf</span>
    (bullet) sdafkaldjfklsad
    (bullet) sdafkasldfsjda

So two of the three bullets parsed, but in the top one, it didn’t parse and the code itself surfaces instead.

Nate
    Participant

@caming

Even more problems … now linking isn’t working from the Visual editor.

When I click “Add Link” in the display box, it refreshes the page with the following URL:
    http://lionsreport.com/forums/topic/testing-again/?_ajax_linking_nonce=3402f6c235&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blah.com&linktitle=&wp-link-submit=Add+Link

Awesome.

Just awesome.

These features worked fine in 2.3.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Sounds like you have a javascript error in your theme causing issues. Also, as a keymaster you’re allowed unfiltered HTML, but your regular users have limited access to HTML tags and attributes to prevent them from breaking the layout of your site.

What comes in bbPress 2.3.1 is exactly what we’re running here on bbpress.org.

Tbermudas
    Participant

@tbermudas

Hello

I have the same problem also with the default theme. @johnjamesjacoby you can see an example here:

http://triangulodelasbermudas.net/editor/forums/topic/prueba-de-paste/

I have detailed in the replies the version of bbpress and you can see the result when copy from any web and paste to publish. The same problem when you apply any format like bold, italic…

The reply created with bbpress 2.3.1 is with the visual editor activated via adding the code to theme functions.php:

function bbp_enable_visual_editor( $args = array() ) {
        $args['tinymce'] = true;
        return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'bbp_enable_visual_editor' );

With bbpress 2.2.4 all works fine.

Nate
    Participant

@caming

OK, here’s an update …

– A plugin was causing the linking problem. Thanks JJJ.
    – The formatting/parsing continues to be a problem.

Here’s a screenshot of what happens …

screenshot

http://img42.com/1V7tf+

Tbermudas
    Participant

@tbermudas

I have found a ticket in bbpress trac named Allow to post unfiltered HTML in Topics/Replies It is related to this issue?

Nate
    Participant

@caming

Hi fellas,

Below is a screenshot when someone goes in to EDIT a post that was made with the visual editor. In this example, I’m editing my own post as Keymaster. It’s basic HTML. Nothing fancy.

Example

http://s14.postimg.org/pxmco9ozl/screenshot2.jpg

Nate
    Participant

@caming

Bump … guys, I’m in the process of moving hundreds of users over to this bbPress forum, which worked fine until the upgrade and really caught us off-guard. Pretty please address if you can …

The upcoming 2.3.2 has a fix, until this disable the visual editor like it is by default.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar