Categories
Search
Bottom

How to upgrade from 0.95 to 1.0x ?

• xdaniel
    Participant

@xdaniel

Hi there,

I’ve some strange problems upgrading from 0.95 to 1.0.x.

I’ve a fine running 0.9.5 installation. When I tried upgrading to 1.0.1 I got two error messages. One is “your configuration file is invalid”. Sometimes it works then but after this I got the error “ERROR: could not establish database connection”. Configuration data is checked a hundred times and right.

Today I tried upgrading to 1.0.2 same problem. Turned again everything back and updated to 0.9.6 -> everything works fine.

See it in action here: http://www.celtic-rock.de/bbpress

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• jurasiks
    Participant

@jurasiks

1) https://bbpress.org/documentation/upgrading/

2) make clear installation of bbpress 0.9.5. at same domain and db and compare both bb-config.php (use another prefix)

xdaniel
    Participant

@xdaniel

If I make a new Installation, I lose all mylinks, settings and postings?

No, not as long as you follow step three and keep those files and directories.

xdaniel
    Participant

@xdaniel

ok, I made a fresh installation of 0.9.6. in another directory. the only difference was the prefix. both installations use the same database.

updating the new installation to 1.0.2 worked fine and without any problems. both bb-config.phps are identical.

but upgrading the older installation, which I upgraded some times from earlier bbpress versions and which has some plugins, does still not work. “ERROR: Could not establish a database connection”.

xdaniel
    Participant

@xdaniel

the same error occurs when I change the prefix in the new bb-config to the old installation.

I think there is a problem with the database structure. How can I run the upgradescript for the database manually?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar