Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

how to uninstall bbpress

• Hello.

How do I uninstall bbpress from my WordPress site? wp 2.7, bbpress 1.0 alpha 6

1. Delete folder

2. Delete entries from db… which ones?

Anything else to completely remove the forum?

Thank you.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2. Delete entries from db… which ones?

-> those that start by bb

Remove the wp plugin and undo any change to the wp config.php. Actually these changes don’t do any harm as far as I know.

Thank you ganzua. I appreciate your help! :)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

But why would you ever do such a thing?! :)

bock-the-robber

@bock-the-robber

I did an integrated install of bbPress today (WordPress ver 2.8.2) and it immediately messed up my main site. It deleted me as a user and I had to log back in as Admin to fix that problem. My front page went crazy and is still not fixed, and most of the time my site doesn’t appear at all when I type in the url.

I’ve removed the folder containing the bbPress files, but that hasn’t solved the problem. There are no bb_ files to remove from the database. Is there anything else that needs to be changed back?

Rohan Kapoor

@rohan_kapoor

Chances are your database needs to be looked at. You could email me at rohan [at] rohan-kapoor.com and I’ll look over database for you.

bock-the-robber

@bock-the-robber

It looks like a database issue ok. I’m getting somebody to look at it now. Obviously the bbPress integration messed something up.

bock-the-robber

@bock-the-robber

Some progress. According to my geek, it seems the installation process reset a variable showing all posts as unpublished. He reinstalled WordPress and did some tweaking of the modifications bbPress did to the database, so now at least we have the archive back and all the old posts are visible. The front page seems to be working as well.

However, I still can’t publish any new posts.

We’re working on it.

Is there any more information on this?

I have had a similar problem – when I installed BBPress on my WP site, I suddenly lost the ability to edit or delete existing posts, and EVERY page and post in my site (all Public pages) result in a 404 error except when you’re logged in as a member. As I installed BB with the intent of an integration, all the BB tables went straight into the existing WP database, I am assuming my problem lies in a new column within the wp_posts table called “forum_id”.

I was also hesitant about editing the DB, though, as I didn’t know a whole lot about it. Would also assume that the tables with prefix wp_forums are the ones generated by BB…is this right? Can someone give me some idea of how to fix this, as it is a really serious problem and has basically disabled the whole site (even the home page can not be viewed by non-members).

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar