Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to set all users to Anonymous after migrating from smf

• obasimvilla
    Participant

@obasimvilla

I decided to move from SMF 2.0.7 to bbpress. The migration tool worked successfully but not without errors.

The main admin account on my forum was changed to Anonymous and every other person’s own changed to my account on wordpress.

How can I change all the imported post and replies to be posted by Anonymous instead of this incoherent one?

Link and demo = goo.gl/g0Tb1B goo.gl/kej5oO

N/B; users were imported but without their various post and replies assigned to them.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

It shouldn’t have done that 🙁

I’d suggest going to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Forums’ and resetting your forums which will delete all forums, topics and replies and optionally imported users and have another go at it.

You would probably be best setting up a test install of WordPress and bbPress to make sure the import finishes successfully.

If you find it keeps doing this please create a support ticket in Trac and I’ll take a look at why it isn’t working. https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/

obasimvilla
    Participant

@obasimvilla

I tried on a new wordpress installation and realized ’twas the guest posters that were changed to my admin account.

How do I make it import them either as anonymous, guest or even random names?

obasimvilla
    Participant

@obasimvilla

I tried importing with simple;press it imported my smf forum correctly, importing guest posters as guest and all users aright.

Then I tried importing from simple;press to bbpress only to have those guest posters converted to my admin account (keymaster) again.

Is there no way to walk around this?

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

I am now implementing this for the next version of bbPress to support importing anonymous/guest users, thus far I only have it working for phpBB and am now working on adding it to the other importers.

obasimvilla
    Participant

@obasimvilla

I paused my forum migration, pending when this feature is integrated. I decided to migrate the forum again today and realized this feature isn’t integrated yet despite the recent update.

Please can I still get help about this?

Thanks

I am still hopeful this will be included as part of bbPress 2.6, with some luck I’ll get to implementing this next week 🙂

obasimvilla
    Participant

@obasimvilla

Thanks a lot Stephen, but do you think I can get a freelancer add this option for me so I can migrate already?

Thanks again for your support

obasimvilla
    Participant

@obasimvilla

Several updates have gone without this issue attended to.
    Please sir, Can I get any paid service to help me do this?

I’m so much in need of this migration.

Warmest Regards

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar