Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to require wordpress account for viewing

• Hi all.

Setting up a wordpress site for someone and I’ve decided to use bbpress for a particular section as it seems best fitting for what we need.

I simply want the forums to be for members only, for example a page simply stating ‘you must register blah blah..’ would be fine.

Is there an hidden admin panel for bbpress I’m not seeing? All I am aware of is /wp-admin/options-general.php?page=bbpress

I felt I’d just post a new thread as most things I came across were > a year old. I read the newer versions work much improved out of the box than before, so hopefully this is pretty easy.

Thanks,

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• cunparis

@cunparis

I’m looking for the exact thing and I haven’t found a way to do it. Hopefully someone will offer some suggestions.

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Right now it’s not something that is easily done out of the box. It can definitely be done, but needs some plugins to accomplish.

It’s definitely on our radar though. See https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1805

cunparis

@cunparis

Can you tell me which plugins could accomplish this? The alternative for me is vbulletin which is infinitely more complex for he simple forum I want to do.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar