Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to remove elements from the registration page…

• Hi everybody,

I’m just doing some theme work and attempting to remove some of the information from the registration page.

e.g:

search function

tag cloud

form elements (location, occupation, interests)

This way just the bare essentials are visible.

Any tips on how to do this?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

You have to edit register.php, changing bb_get_header into your custom header layout (copy header.php content and just remove what you do not need), but regarding form elements I think you should add some kind of label check after line 36 in order not to display some elements… but I’m not completely sure this can be actually done, at least not that easily.

Looks like its time to learn how classes work!!

That was the area I got caught up on the most where the inputs are pulled out by a method I’m unfamiliar with. I guess there are some classes somewhere called ‘form-field’ ?

*enters terminal to make friends with find*

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

I have written a little plugin for you. It filters away the useless form fields from the registration page. Only email and username fields remains. Grab it here: zaerl Simple Registration. Isn’t it funny?

Woah.. after looking at the code I’m thinking jQuery might be the best solution and simply hide or remove the rows with the class form-field numbers 3,4,5,6.

Ideally though would love to not load it in the php.

oh nice one Zaerl!

downloading!

Brilliant! So simple but does it perfect. so cool!

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Maybe I will add this plugin to the repository but I don’t want to flood the plugin area with all my works. I think that I will load this plugin in my sites too. A registration form _must_ be simple.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar