Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to make a forum Sticky in the main Forum Page

• netfux
    Participant

@netfux

Any way? I need to put the Rules and What is this about? as a Stycky Forums in the Main Forum Page. How? Thank you

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Just set the ‘Forum Order’ of your forums to whatever order you want them displayed in.

https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started-with-bbpress/#creating-your-first-forum

netfux
    Participant

@netfux

Thank’s for the info, but I don’t mean the order, which is ok righnow, I mean how to make them appear as sticky, with the color that is applied to a sticky forum.

I’ll see if I follow you now, you mean how to I make the topic a ‘sticky topic’?

If so click ‘Stick’ to sticky the topic in the current forum or ‘to front’ to stick it to the top of all your forums.

netfux
    Participant

@netfux

I Mean to do that but not with a Topic but with a Forum itself in the MAIN page of the forum. Hope I’m explaining better now, sorry my english my friend

netfux
    Participant

@netfux

Just when you enter the forum: josvimunoz.com/forums you will see the first four forums,

Qué es El Rincón del Alumno?

Normas del Foro: Por favor, leer antes de postear

Cursos – Oferta Educativa

Formulario de Inscripción de Nuevos Alumnos

Those are the four that I need to be sticky in that first page. Is there any way?

Thank’s for your help

netfux
    Participant

@netfux

Any answer out there? Pleaseeeeee

Those four forums are already at the top of your forum list.

So I still can’t see what is wrong with the way you have it setup now 🙁

Maybe some screenshots showing what you have now compared to what you want might help me 😉

Robin W

@robin-w

If you want to put some rules at the top of your main forum display page, then create a normal wordpress page, type your rules in the content and then at the end put

[bbp-forum-index]

Put that page in your menu, and it will show the rules before showing the forum list

netfux
    Participant

@netfux

Totally my fault, sorry guys, I’ll explain exactly what I need. The attached image you see is how it shows a sticky topic in my forum.
    1.- What I need is those first five forums appear like that in the main page.
    2.- Also, as the don’t have the topic count, reply count and meta info, I need the titles to be centered in the page and centered in height between the lines.
    3.- The last thing that I need is to make their font a little bigger (just in those five forum titles)

Sticky Topic

That’s it! I hope you can understand now, and please, don’t hesitate to ask if you need more info.

Thank you in advance

Getting closer, how about a rough mockup image of what you want it all to look like. 😉

(It’s midnight here local time and I’m off for the night but this would help for some ideas for you)

netfux
    Participant

@netfux

Ok, I did it with the topics inside of one of the main forums:

Would be pretty much this but in with the main page, with those five forums, as they are now, without counters en meta info, bigger page centered titles and this kind of blue color as a background of the forum: Mockup Image

netfux
    Participant

@netfux

I did it. I put some image backgrounds to make them different. Anyway, I still wish to know how could I center the titles (center of the page) and make those five forums titles a little bigger with bigger font.

Thank’s!

Cool, glad you got it sorted and as per your other thread just some CSS changes to the text size and font would give you what you are after.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar