Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to integrate with WP? Instructions not clear.

• LeftCoastMichael

@leftcoastmichael

I read the documentations but, alas, it is not clear (to me).

(1) It does not explain which directory to upload/install to. I have uploaded to a folder in the root called “lclforum” however the wp files, templates and database are in a separate folder called “wordpress.” Should the bbPress files be in a sub-folder of the WP folder?

(2) Name of database. I am prompted for the database name, however there is no database (yet). There are no instructions for what to do at this point. Should I just input a name like “lclforumdb” ?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions, but these are the first two that are keeping me from getting up and running.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• grassrootspa

@grassrootspa

1) Hmm, you can really install bbPress in any folder but here is a popular setup (buddypress like this one): Try this:

Let’s say your site is leftcoastmichael.com.

In your ‘wordpress’ leftcoastmichael.com directory you have 3 wordpress file directories (wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes)

Just make a 4th file directory (forums) for all your bbPres stuff (bb-admin, bb-includes, etc).

Blam, that’s it.

2) If you want to integrate with WordPress use the same database info that you used in your WordPress config.

Hope this helps.

LeftCoastMichael

@leftcoastmichael

Hi. I tried this and got the following error message:

Deep Integration With WordPress Required

It appears your WordPress installation isn’t deeply integrated which is required for iBlogPro Forum to work correctly (it needs access to WP functions).

Please see Deep Integration With WordPress

LeftCoastMichael

@leftcoastmichael

It’s done. We’re good. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar