Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to install BuddyPress onto a clean BBPress installation

• Hi

Been trying to install Buddypress onto a clean BBPress instalation – but it keeps giving me an error:

Warning: require_once(WP_PLUGIN_DIR/buddypress/bp-core.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:wampwwwbbpressmy-pluginsbuddypressbp-loader.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘WP_PLUGIN_DIR/buddypress/bp-core.php’ (include_path=’.;C:php5pear’) in C:wampwwwbbpressmy-pluginsbuddypressbp-loader.php on line 19

Does anyone know if this installation is at all possible (clean BBPress + BuddyPress forum) ?

I would like to avoid using WordPress Mu – to keep things as lean (simple) as possible !

Thanks in advance for any advice on the subject !

Jens

btw. – I have for a couple of weeks been doing research on how to run the best and most sufficient frontend bases open posting site (or almost open) – and has ended with bbPress (has 12 different test systems running on wamp and easyphp – among them Word MU – Drupal version 6 and 7 and others. It’s close to chaos for sure)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • BuddyPress 1.2 can install on normal WordPress too and BuddyPress itself offer integrated bbPress forum.

Try WP 2.9.2 + BuddyPress 1.2 :)

Thanks a lot ashfame !

As you observed I managed to get rather confused about the connections between the different systems here.

I will follow your advice and test the combination you mention here !

Jens

No worries! You are at the right place :)

I have a similar question. I installed WP2.92., then BuddyPress 1.2 and now I’m looking to add forums to the site. I looks like I can go with WP Forums or possilby BBPress? I want something clean and simple (like BBPress) and integration with user accounts. Am I looking in the right direction?

When I go to install the BBPRess plugin on my site through the install tool, bbpress says “DON’T Install me! I’m not ready”… so… what is the deal?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar