Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to get rid of the blog sidebar?

• Aechus Tea
    Participant

@aechus-tea

I’m converting one of my ancient sites to wordpress and have decided to use bbPress as the support forum system.

My question is, how do I get rid of the wordpress sidebar? In my theme I can select different layouts, but I see no similar option in the bbPress administration tools.

I’m an ancient forum developer and user from the Stonehenge days of the 80’s and I like what I see in bbPress so far. Simple and powerful at the same time. I hope the developers are proud of what they’ve accomplished with this.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • There are very little in the way of options for bbPress and this is by design.

I’m also from the Stonehenge forum era and am far from a developer but saw the potential of bbPress, now I’m learning PHP due to the awesome inline docs in the code of bbPress (and WordPress).

Speaking of proud things in bbPress… Search is really new and works really well 😉

eg. https://bbpress.org/forums/search/?bbp_search=remove+sidebar

(I’m not meaning to be lazy or dismissive of your specific query just that this question has been asked many times and there are quite a few topics on this subject and you might even find one specific to the WordPress theme you are using)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar