Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to get reply ids within topic loop?

• Hello guys!

I am trying to run a replies loop within topics loop… and scratching my head..
    (more specifically, at loop-single-topic.php compat template .. I am trying to do something like..

bbp_has_replies();
            while ( bbp_replies() ) : bbp_the_reply();
            $current_topic_reply_id = bbp_get_reply_id();
            echo $current_topic_reply_id ;
            endwhile;

and.. i am getting.. same IDs under every topic..
    would you help me to get reply IDs for each topic including the topic ID itself?
    Thank you very much guys..

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Have you had a look inside loop-replies.php and loop-single-reply.php to see how it is done inside there?

Thanks for the reply… temporarily I solved it by duplicating bbp_has_replies function in my function.php and changing [‘post_parent’] argument to ‘post_parent’ => bbp_get_topic_id()

It does the job now.. but I am not happy with this because I am unnecessarily duplicating the good function.. I think my add_filter is not working as I intended.. but don’t know what’s wrong with it.. Would you guys please help me?

in function.php , I have function looks like

function my_bbp_has_replies($arg = ”)
    {

$args = array();
    $topic_id = bbp_get_topic_id();
    $args['post_parent'] = $topic_id;

return $arg;

} // function

and after I call bbp_has_replies() , I had put add_filter(‘bbp_has_replies’, ‘my_bbp_has_replies’); in loop-single-topic.php ..

I have looked into loop-replies.php and loop-single-reply.php .. as Lynq suggested (btw, thank you) … but there was no function or filter trying to filter the bbp_has_replies..

Thank you guys..

Mutahhar
    Participant

@mutahhar

bbp_get_reply_id()
    is the function you are looking for.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar