Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to force bbpress to use certain page template?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• davidkooo
    Participant

@davidkooo

So I changed default page.php to be fullwidth, but I would like to know hot to force bbpress to use certain wp page template.

Also I am really disappointed there is no separator for forums, like it is in phpbb… I would like to split my forums to groups (movies, series, games…) I dont think it would be so hard to include this option in one of next updates.

Thanks.

To force bbPress use your template you should name them properly, check bbPress compatible Twenty Ten included in plugin, e.g. archive-forum.php is responsible for forum list/archive.

davidkooo
    Participant

@davidkooo

thank you

davidkooo
    Participant

@davidkooo

no that helps only for forum index, other pages are with sidebar.

documentation would be great. Because I dont know how one should understand this plugin without anything…

Or maybe one switch in administraton, like: “Use this freaking page template for whole forums” would be great.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

There is documentation, at codex.bbpress.org. It’s a wiki, so you’re free to teach yourself how bbPress works, and contribute your knowledge upstream so others can learn from you.

That said, what you want to do is as easy as making a bbpress.php template in the root of your theme. It will act as the wrapper for all bbPress content.

davidkooo
    Participant

@davidkooo

thank you, that solved my problem.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You’re welcome. Look forward to seeing your codex page. 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to force bbpress to use certain page template?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar