Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to Create bbpress Child Theme.

• Ikenna
    Participant

@flixya4gabby

I am using buddypress 1.6.4, WordPress 3.5.1 and bbpress 2.2.4. My website is on the localhost xamp server. I am using bp-columns theme as my Buddypress Child Theme. Please I would like to know how to create a bbpress child theme. I followed the step by step guide on how to create a bbpress child theme and it have so useful to me. The problem I have with it is this line that says: go to bbPress’ theme folder. That is, go to wp-content > plugins > bbpress > bbp-themes > bbp-twentyten. Download all the files from this folder except style.css. These are the files that will style your bbPress theme.

I can’t find the bbp-themes and bbp-twentyten folders in my bbpress installation.

Any help on this will be deeply appreciated!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• moonoi
    Participant

@moonoi

I’m no expert on bbpress theming, but I got it working on my site.

The bbpress theme files are in the `bbpress/templates/default` folder.

Whatever you copy from this core bbp theme folder into your own theme folder will override the core bbp theme files. (I think).

Probably someone more knowing about bbpress theming should help you out further, but until then, I hope I might have gotten you going again.

This is a nice guide to what the individual theme files actually do:
    http://perishablepress.com/bbpress-theme-template-files/

Ikenna
    Participant

@flixya4gabby

@moonoi I am so happy for you. Indeed you did get me going. Now I think I can move on with my work. This have always been a nightmare to me. Many thanks to you once again.

In the step by step guide they said I should copy everything in the in bbp-theme folder and send it to my child theme folder. What do they mean by that? I want to customize the look and layout of my bbpress forum. Any more explanation will be deeply appreciated.

Ikenna
    Participant

@flixya4gabby

@mooni thank you, the link you provided for me I think will sort some issues out for me. I will diggin and explore more to get a deeper meaning and understanding of this problem. Thank you for help, deeply felt.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar