Categories
Search
Bottom

How to close topic by author

• Jurgenvt
    Participant

@jurgenvt

Hi,
    i want an author to be able to close his own topics for comments.
    this seems as an obvious feature to have. but i can not find anything about it.
    nor is there a plugin, or can i fugure ous what capability a “participant” needs to have for this.

thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Currently bbPress only supports moderators and keymasters who can “close” topics.

I sort of see why you ‘may’ want to offer this functionality but I also don’t know of any forum software that does allow this.

Jurgenvt
    Participant

@jurgenvt

I am setting up a timebank where ppl can ask or offer services.
    example “who can babysit my 3 yr boy for the next 3 weeks on mondaynights”

once this application is fulfilled i want the author to be able to close this topic so he/she will not get more offers.

maybe someone can point me out what needs to be set to enable “closing topics” for participants.
    any other thought is welcome as well!
    😉

thanks

I actually took a peek at the code to see if there was an easy to do this, if we could override or add a custom function or filter to achieve this. No was the result 🙁

We have some moderation changes coming in bbPress 2.6 in that individual users can be assigned a single forum (or multiple forums) to be a moderator rather than the current behaviour where if they are a moderator they can moderate all forums.

I have note scribbled down for when I next checkout this feature to check what if how we can add/modify bbPress to allow what you have asked above 😉

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar