Search
Bottom

how to add video bbpress 2.3

• jason102178
    Participant

@jason102178

WordPress Version: 3.5
    BBpress Version: 2.3

I know this question has been asked alot on how to embed video and add youtube videos, I know how to do this by simply posting the link in the topic…. and it will automatically insert the youtube video…

But my problem is i want to have a few video tutorials that i want to insert and the mp3 or mp4 files are located on my server, i dont want to upload them to youtube…

so i was wondering if their was a way to use my own videos, i have already tried inserting the link that points to my server http://mysite.com/video.mp3 and it will not work that way..

So i tried creating a topic from the admin and use the insert media and it did not work that way , then i tried using a plugin to allow jw player shortcode and it did not work that way either… this is one of the plugins i tried using http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress2-shortcode-whitelist/ with no sucess…

Then i tried adding this code to my functions.php

add_filter(‘bbp_reply_content’, ‘jwplayer_tag_callback’);
    add_filter(‘entry_content’, ‘jwplayer_tag_callback’);
    add_filter(‘bbp-reply-content’, ‘jwplayer_tag_callback’);
    add_filter(‘entry-content’, ‘jwplayer_tag_callback’);

this method did not work, it seems almost impossible to add my own video from my server, most the topics are super old 3 to 4 yrs old which really doesnt apply to the latest version of bbpress since so much of the code has changed, if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction i would appreciate it…

I am not trying to let my users be able to use shortcodes as i read they are a security risk and i am not trying to let my users be able to upload or use their own videos from a strange server..

I just want to be able to use my own videos instead of using youtube.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar