Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to add profile fields under avatar in bbpress forum posts

• NewUser123
    Participant

@newuser123

I have setup up a forum (on localhost) using bbpress where users that register through buddypress can actively participate. I want to customize the information and add fields that would be displayed under the avatar when users post on forum topics.
    How do I go about doing this?
    Is there some kind of plug-in that would help?
    Haven’t found much on my own any help would be highly appreciated!

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, once more with feeling

please deactivate and delete the existing plugin

then download from

bbp buddypress profile information

and install and activate

I’m pretty sure I’ve fixed it this time !!!

BUT let me know !

Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

So far, so good! But is it supposed to show the label if the user hasn’t put anything in the field?

Also, something maybe to note in the description (if you haven’t already): In the Profile Fields, the Base (Primary) group has a primary, required label and field that it allows you to edit and rename, but it appears that is always the user’s “nick name”. There was confusion when I was testing because I’d originally put that one as “Gamertag” when testing, and all of a sudden everyone was showing their username the same as their gamertag. At first I thought we still had a problem, but then I figured it out.

It looks great!

Now if you’re feeling really ambitious you could include the option to add the @mention automatically, so it pulls it from the users’ profile. I certainly don’t think any but a teensy fraction of my forum users will make the effort to set it themselves, but at least I’ve got mine now with the help of your plugin! 😀

Awesome work, and I hope someday to be able to get in and play around with plugin code.

Robin W

@robin-w

Thanks for your comments, and glad it’s now working

But is it supposed to show the label if the user hasn’t put anything in the field?

at the moment, yes my thoughts being that then everyone’s looks the same, and it encourages people to fill in theirs if they see a label against their name but no data !

NewUser123
    Participant

@newuser123

Thanks for working and adjusting your plugin! I found it helpful and am glad to see it has helped out several other people too. Cheers!

Robin W

@robin-w

you’re welcome !

AdventureRidingNZ
    Participant

@adventureridingnz

Are there any plans to incorporate this in the WordPress/BBPress plugins repository?

Robin W

@robin-w

Thanks fro the reminder – the original is

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-profile-information/

the Version for buddypress

bbp buddypress profile information

isn’t yet, it’s on a long list of things to do, but the version on my site is stable and quite usable !

AdventureRidingNZ
    Participant

@adventureridingnz

Yep, I installed it last night and it worked exactly as you saad it would, thanks.

Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

Just got an email there was activity in this thread, and it got me over here to share:

This morning I put an animated smiley under my profile information at the bottom using this plugin! Didn’t know if you could put images in the text field option, but you can, at least with my setup, haven’t checked default theme, etc.

I tested it with both bbCode, which I have active through a different plugin, and html.

Thecommonapp
    Participant

@thecommonapp

To add to the above post, I just default theme and bbpress, buddypress plugins and bbp BuddyPress profile information except with the testing and the issue continues. I did not test the plug-first rule, because it did not want to rule out any conflicts.

the-common-app.blogspot.com

Robin W

@robin-w

@adventureridingnz

@halo-diehard

Great, gad it’s working for you !

@thecommonapp
    – think you posted in the wrong topic, but yes my fix plugin doesn’t work for all, I’m still digging !

AdventureRidingNZ
    Participant

@adventureridingnz

I’ve got over 2 dozen plugins installed and it seems to be working fine.

http://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/forums/

invirament
    Participant

@invirament

Thought I would join in as well as this works perfectly in my buddypress/bbpress setup. Would there be a way to style it now? I want to make the font smaller.

http://www.worldwidesurvival.com/forums/topic/hey-from-michigan/

Robin W

@robin-w

Sorry, no immediate way to style it, the words use the font size and other styling from the bbp-reply-author class.

I’ll look to add this ability in the next version

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar