Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do your members register?

• Kris35
    Participant

@kris35

Can I ask, how do your members register on your WP BBPress website? Do they both come with this function?

Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

if one registers to wordpress they also are capable of posting on forum topics.

all registration is around wordpress.

bbpress may come with a register shortcode to place on a page ,but all the information still goes to wordpress.

sktrader
    Participant

@sktrader

bbpress uses wp user database and bbpress plugins comes with login widget to enable login on the sidebar. you can enable registration on the frontend by putting bbpress shortcode on the page

Kris35
    Participant

@kris35

Ok thats great – thanks. I was using User Pro but I didn’t like it. I kinda remember the BBPress login widget was a bit rough looking but am sure I can get a coder to make it look pretty. Do either of you know if most people with a BBPress forum also use the BBPress login widget or do they use something else?

sktrader
    Participant

@sktrader

I am using bbpress login widget on my website http://www.topics-talk.com/

Robkk

@robkk

@kris35

i mean the login widget does come from bbpress so why not use it??

Kris35
    Participant

@kris35

Sktrader, thanks for posting your site. I had a coder set everything up for me a few months ago and I remember the BBPress register/login area looked really naff. Maybe he wasnt such a good coder? We decided to use User Pro, but I didnt like it in the end. We had a User Pro PM plugin and I just remember having so many problems with everything, I took it down in the end and members joined my closed FB group. Am going to look into this more. Not sure what happened with mine but yours looks professional and smart. Thanks a bunch for this.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar