Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do you add moderators?

• brucewhittignton

@brucewhittignton

Sorry to be asking so many questions, but I’m having trouble finding answers to these basic questions and I figure it’s easiest to ask them one at a time. Also, I think I was seduced a little by how easy it was to get WordPress going. bbPress seems a lot harder. Anyway:

How do you add moderators? In the admin page, I can see who they are, but can’t add anybody.

Do I have to get the people that I am inviting as moderators to register themselves, and then I can go and change their privileges? Or can I somehow add them on my own (which is what I’d like).

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• brucewhittignton

@brucewhittignton

Actually, when I just try to add a new identity for testing, it seems to have automatically been set as a moderator.

To add a user as a moderator, admin or another key-master, log in with your admin account and then go to the user profile that you want to change. Then you just ‘edit’ their profile and one of the options is to change their role. It isn’t done through the admin right now.

Trent

Actually, when I just try to add a new identity for testing, it seems to have automatically been set as a moderator.

That’s a bit worrying! What happens if every user becomes a mod?

Also remember WP is in version 2.1, while bb is still before official release at version 0.8. :)

bikingtoronto

@bikingtoronto

Hi everyone,

When I do the below to promote a user to a moderator, the change doesn’t seem to “take”. The screen re-loads and the profile edit screen is re-set to what it was before I made the change.

“To add a user as a moderator, admin or another key-master, log in with your admin account and then go to the user profile that you want to change. Then you just ‘edit’ their profile and one of the options is to change their role. It isn’t done through the admin right now.”

bikingtoronto

@bikingtoronto

Just to add to my above post… I can’t edit *any* profiles… even my own.

If a user edits their own profile, the changes “take”… but not when I do it.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar