Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I make the "Make New Topic" form or button at the top?

• CameraTester
    Participant

@cameratester

Hi. I am trying to make a forum with Buddypress and BBPress (I clicked the install sitewide forums in Buddypress which installed BBPress), I am liking it so far, but I am definitely not liking how it puts the make new topic form (where the title and text entry form is) at the bottom of where the topics are, so people have to scroll down to make a new topic. I could keep that, but I would require a button to be at the top, or else the form, but I would prefer a button to make a new topic in the chosen category.

Is there a way to do this? I will need step by step instructions. I don’t know how to use this yet.

Please help

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• CameraTester
    Participant

@cameratester

I still need help. please help me out

CameraTester
    Participant

@cameratester

i like this plugin, just need this to work

CameraTester
    Participant

@cameratester

Can someone please help me?

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Have you done much editing with wordpress templates? You will need to edit the bbPress template files to move the make new topic button, or do what I did and add in a new button which scrolls you down using jquery.

CameraTester
    Participant

@cameratester

How do I edit the template files and make it do that? Please tell me what I have to do. Thank you

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

If you want to do it yourself then I would recommend looking here first: https://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development – It tells you a bit about getting to grips with wordpress themes in general and then you can move onto bbPress which sits inside your wordpress theme.

Good luck.

CameraTester
    Participant

@cameratester

I have no idea where to start. I use Studio theme from WPMU, I think the same makers of BuddyPress, my paid support subscription has ended so I cant get support. I really want to get this fixed, Thank you for the help, but I need someone to tell me what to do exactly.

Can someone please help me? I really appreciate the support and help! Thank you!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar