Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I get to my bbPress Admin Panel?

• I’ve seen a thread on going to http://www.yoursite.com/bb-press but then subsequent comments about the fact that you have to login first as administrator before you can use this entry method.

So, I’ve installed bbPress and BuddyPress (still not sure what the heck the difference is). But, I do not know how to access my admin panel.

Sounds like a stupid question, but the plugin has no documentation on the matter that I could find.

Thank you

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

bbPress = a forum plugin.

BuddyPress = a community plugin.

Your admin panel is at: http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin/

As I previously explained… when I enter http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin/ I do not get my admin panel. And please don’t patronize me by telling me I have to fill in my site name where sitename is in the URL.

Help is appreciated.

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

@suziwilson – Unless a post has been deleted, you did not say you went to /wp-admin, your post says you went to /bb-press.

Do you have FTP access to your site? If so, delete the bbpress plugin and see if you can access your WP admin.

Thank you Andre, I can get into my wp-admin just fine. I think my question is rather simple and I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

I installed the bbpress plug in and the Buddypress plugin but I hear that you have to administer bbpress and the settings through the bb-press admin panel. However, when I type in my url followed by /bb-admin I only get my 404 page.

I suspect that I am just doing something wrong or I haven’t signed up properly or something. I’m just looking for a breadcrumb of information that will set me in the right direction.

If you have any suggestions on how to set this up properly I would love to hear it. I feel like someone dropped me off in the middle of the desert without a map or compass.

Suzi

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

The bbpress admin panel is for standalone (version 1.x), not plugin (version 2.x). The only options for the plugin are at /wp-admin/options-general.php?page=bbpress.

When BuddyPress mentions integrating bbPress it is referring to integrating bbpress standalone. BuddyPress will work with bbpress plugin one day, but I haven’t seen anything indicating when.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@suziwilson – The way that BuddyPress integrates bbPress, into WordPress, is by taking over the installation and administration of bbPress completely. That said, if you are using BuddyPress to manage your forums, you do not have access to the bbPress admin area any longer.

If you previously had bbPress setup without BuddyPress, there is a large possibility that you will want to go back to the old setup you had before. BuddyPress currently ties forums into BuddyPress Groups, so they work a bit unconventionally compared to your normal support forums.

Very soon you will be able to install a new version of bbPress totally outside of BuddyPress, and they will work transparently without any additional setup, as two separate WordPress plugins rather than having bbPress be tucked away inside BuddyPress like it is now.

I know it’s all really confusing right now, but it won’t be soon. :)

Thank you both sincerely for your assistance. I now believe I am set up properly and will go about my merry way ignoring advice to access my BB-press admin panel.

Suzi

websitedesigningindia
    Participant

@websitedesigningindia

Makes the third row of options in the admin menu instantly available without extra clicks. Conversion with code and CSS tweaks from WordPress based on original.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar