Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How can I make bb press forum as homepage?

• Mahesh Bhat
    Participant

@bhatmahesht

Is there any method to display bbpress forum as the home page?, All I want is to display bbpress forum on the top of my home page and latest blogs at the bottom of my home page.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• LabSecrets
    Participant

@labsecrets

1) Create a new page
    2) Add the bbPress ShortCode for forum index: https://codex.bbpress.org/shortcodes/  which is [bbp-forum-index]
    3) Save the page
    4) Go to Settings/Reading and choose this new page as the default home page (instead of your blog).

This will get you a bbPress Forum index on your home page.

To make a “mix” of your bbPress and blog posts, you need to modify your home page template file. This differs per theme, but may be called home.php or index.php (it’s in your theme folder). You would add the bbPress shortcode above the WP loop that displays blog posts. Use the do_shortcode method shown here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode

so it would be (within php tags): do_shortcode('[bbp-forum-index]')

If you do this, then you won’t need to  create a page and modify your Settings/Reading as elaborated in steps 1 to 4 above.

Good luck!

LabSecrets
    Participant

@labsecrets

editor here was not playing nice with my code… should be “echo do_shortcode…”

Mahesh Bhat
    Participant

@bhatmahesht

Hi Lab,
    Thank you for the step by step answer. I have added the forum index to home page now.

.:DDoS:.
    Participant

@xddosx

Thanks @labsecrets!

saigalmedia
    Participant

@saigalmedia

Perfect answer i am also have the same issue

johnje
    Participant

@johnje

The perfect tip – though how this works now?

Robin W

@robin-w

same as above, but your theme will let set it as homepage

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar