Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How can I have three levels of forums in the home page, instead of two (as now)

• JeremyCh
    Participant

@jeremych

Hi guys

I was wondering how can I have three levels of forums in the home page, instead of two (as it is now), list the 2nd level one below another and with their description.

Any idea how to achieve that please ?

Thanks
    Jeremy

PS, or probably, to keep them as they are, and to add a category at the top, so that the forums of the front page can be organised in categories.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• JeremyCh
    Participant

@jeremych

PS. I have found that I can add the top level as a category, from the first dropdown by choosing between forum and category, however, this doesn’t change anything realistically for the display.

Ideally, the categories could go into the tag <ul class=”forum-titles”> or something similar, and the two next levels appearing below.

Thanks for any input anyone.

Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

I don’t think it’s possible by default but you could fake it and make your own ‘fake-loops’ inside the templates files.

It takes some work and you’re probably will have to call most of your forum_ids by it’s number which is very static.

This for example maks a clean link to forum_id 98 + adds the forum title as a link-text.
    You could make your custom HTML Lists like that but remember if you delete or add a forum you have to change your template files also. It’s very static.

<a class="button" href="<?php bbp_forum_permalink( 98 ); ?>"><?php bbp_forum_title( 98 ); ?></a>

JeremyCh
    Participant

@jeremych

Well, the correct answer is here : http://pastebin.com/QypF9bhA

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar