Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hot Tags Font size

• Looking at previous posts, I see a similar question pertaining to changing the font size of the hot tags. The answer however means nothing to me, i.e.

<?php bb_tag_heat_map(); ?>

The default as it looks to me is:

<?php bb_tag_heat_map(9 38 ‘pt’ 80); ?> What do these numbers mean and by changing them I still see no change on the forum.

This looks like:

<div id=”hottags”>

<?php bb_tag_heat_map(9 38 ‘pt’ 80); ?>

</div>

I have made changes to these numbers, but since I do not know what they affect, I can not get the font-size to change.

I have also made changes to the stylesheet with no luck.

.frontpageheatmap {

font-size: 1em;

font-family: “Eras Medium ITC”, sans-serif;

font-weight: 600;

font-style: italic;

line-height: 1.4em;

padding: 10px 0;

}

Can the tags be changed and if so is there a simple approach that is easy to follow and not too difficult to explain?

blueplato.com.

Thanks for any help!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

http://blueplato.com/forums/bbpress is not accessible (gives a 404). I was going to look at the theme you are using because that is not the default for the bb_tag_heat_map: <?php bb_tag_heat_map(9 38 ‘pt’ 80); ?>

This is the default from https://trac.bbpress.org/browser/trunk/bb-templates/kakumei/front-page.php#L7

<?php bb_tag_heat_map(); ?>

So, what do the numbers mean? Looking at that function in bb-includes/teamplate-functions.php around line 1574, here’s what the defaults are, and mean:

$defaults = array( 'smallest' => 8, 'largest' => 22, 'unit' => 'pt', 'limit' => 45, 'format' => 'flat' );

Looks like you define the smallest size, largest size, the unit of measure, the max size and then a format (not sure what that last one does.)

So, my guess is you would change those. At the very least you need to put comments between the arguments in the function call in your front-page.php: your example shows none. And you might want to add that last argument – not sure what happens when it’s missing.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar