Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hook into the forums query

• Hiranthi
    Participant

@illutic

Since there’s no Advanced (or similar) Forum I guess I’m supposed to post it here.

I already asked my question here: http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/66098/only-display-forums-with-specific-taxonomy-bbpress#comment87342_66098 but apparently not much of the bbPress community hangs there.

Apparently my real question in that ticket wasn’t explicit enough so I’ll try to formulate it as clear as possible:

I’m working on an extranet for my company. I’ve added a filter to the WP core query to only show CPT’s with a specific term added to it (from my Client taxonomy, it’s the client’s user nicename). The thing is: this filter doesn’t work for bbPress forums.

I want to add a separate forum per project (ie Client X with Project Y) and clients are only allowed to see the forums that have their specific term attached (so Client X can only view the Client X forums). Unfortunately bbPress still shows all forums on the Forums page and that’s what I need to filter.

I’m sure there is a way to accomplish this, so I’m hoping someone here can push me in the right direction.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar