Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hidden Forum function help…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I’m not following the question… sorry! Could you maybe give an example of how you’d like the forum to work?

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Oper hidden-forums.php. Line 29:

$hidden_forums['label']="This is a hidden forum ";

zaerl, that will show only on the title correct? I want an addition to that.

I was thinking if forum=hidden then echo…. (I don’t know how to write that)

example: The default label for a hidden forum is “[H]” so I will use that.

[H] Installation — Getting it up and running – This is a Hidden Forum

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Gerikg actually the “label” can be seen only by those users that can actually see the forum. Other users don’t see the label cause… they don’t see the forum. I don’t understand why you want such a feature. An example. Imagine that we have two forums. The first one is called “Zaerl” and the second is called “is a nice guy”. Suppose that we hide the forum “Zaerl” to all users except the Key Master. If the Key Master log in he see:

1. [H] Zaerl
    2. is a nice guy

if anyone else log in:

1. is a nice guy

this is the right way of doing things. The “label” is only a useful hint for the admin/mod.

Sorry I was trying to explain it without full explanation or linking to my test site.

I’m trying to imitate the buddypress default theme for bbpress. They have a button under title called Public Group. You can see an example here in blue. http://testbp.org/groups/testgroupp-1060610747/forum/topic/a-forum-topic/

I wanted to do the same in my bbpress theme that the button says Public Forum or Hidden Forum depending on what it is. Does this make sense now?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar