Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help out with bbPress

• If you’d like to help out with bbPress, please leave a post here with brief info about yourself, what you’re most talented at, and what part of bbPress you’d like to be a part of.

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Thank you Matt! Good news from you! Thanks to all.

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

Okay, now that we’re ready to get this show back on the road, let’s get this show back on the road! :)

I am not a programmer so I can not help on that side of things.

Anyway, I would suggest that you have a look at one great Forum-software and another great Forum-application. You might get some ideas from it which might help you to build a much better Forum-software.

Please check the following:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/forum/

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.org/forums/?forumID=81

KISS (Keep It Simple & Stupid).

Hi Matt,

I’ve been programming (or teaching it) for a living for 20+ years. I wrote my first few plugins for WordPress in 2005 and started working with WordPress MU in early 2006. The merged WP/WPMU codebase I mentioned in October can be downloaded here: http://wpmututorials.com/hacks/community-service/. More recently, I developed buddymatic which was one of the demos in the theme plugin/competition at WordCamp NYC. I also have a sharded database plugin for MU (based on HyperDB) which will be released this month. The database plugin itself is done and in use on production installs. I’m currently working on a site admin tool for migrating an install from a single database to the sharded structure.

Buddymatic is great illustration of what I do best: approach problems & solutions from an unusual angle. (For other people reading the thread Buddymatic is a port of Thematic that has the BuddyPress theme functionality embedded in it that auto detects whether BP is active.) What I would like to do with bbPress is make it a canonical plugin. IMO, that’s the way to ensure its longevity and continued development.

littleoracle

@littleoracle

Hi gang,

I’m an enthusiast of all things WordPress and would love to help out if I can.

Being unemployed right now, I’ve definitely got some TIME.

My php/javascript skills are kind of entry level, my html/css skills are fairly advanced. That being said, I’d love to get my hands dirty with the code end of things and I’m more than willing to do any testing that’s necessary or write up some documentation.

Just point me at a problem and I’ll get to work.

I might be able to help out as well. I’ve certainly got some ideas ;)

I have 16 years of software and backend web development experience working on some of largest sites on the net (eBay and others).

Hi Guys,

My name is Dan Milward and I’d like to help. I’ve always yearned for a better bbPress + WordPress integration. Ages ago when we integrated bbPress on our site I thought it would be cool to make a shortcode to run bbpress or significant portions of it from WordPress.

This is how we want to contribute – by doing this.

Skills are advanced.

Best,

Dan

I’m posting because I hope to get that email with more information about the future of bbPress.

Hi Matt,

I am a programmer with experience of 10 years. I provide support the Russian-speaking users of bbPress since 2006. I think, I could help in the further development of bbPress.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

rickxxx’s reply was deleted. This is not a topic for feature requests, it’s a place to offer to help with bbPress.

I also think the serious lack of a good codex is killing potential enthusiasts/contributors. So I don’t mind building the codex for bbpress. It’s a needed feature. And should be like WP’s.

I’ll see you in the meet Wednesday.

Windhamdavid

@windhamdavid

I’m be happy to help out on my ‘off hours’. I believe that, the ole’ Bulletin Board is the backbone of the Internet and that BBpress is the best example of an extremely light, elegant system. BBpress is my fave and i’ve followed the trac from day one. In fact, I’d even go on a personal crusade to get the new JQuery forums off of zoho and onto BBpress. I’d like to re-emphasize this https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/future-of-bbpress#post-60022 and the importance of forums throughout the wp family. +1 to Ron_R “What I would like to do with bbPress is make it a canonical plugin to ensure its longevity and continued development.” And like the previous commenters, I think the codex is the best place to start.

HeroicNate

@heroicnate

Hi, I’m a freelance graphic designer and I love wordpress and I’ve recently started to love bbpress. I’ve been customizing wordpress themes for a while now and I’ve just started getting into bbpress. Since I’ve been using these two so often, I really want to give something back. I don’t really have money or coding skills to contribute, I was hoping maybe I could help by coming up with a shiny cool template/theme that could possibly be included as one of the default themes. I’ve only just begun to figure out theming in bbpress, but I really want to contribute something, and design skills is what I got(i think :D). All I’d need is to possibly be informed on new features or functions that I could design for. I could come up with cool mock-ups, and if the community likes it, I could chop it up into a theme.

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar