Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help needed for integrating bbPress with magento

• Hi, I am trying to have a forum section in my magento website. To use bbPress i added “require(‘bb-load.php)” in index.php of magento. After that for creating users in bbPress i am calling bbPress functions from magento files. But nothig seems to be happening on bbPress side even though magento side things work as expected.

Is it possible to achieve such thing i.e. calling bbPress functions from magento when bbPress is installed inside magento folder only and uses same database?

So is it possible to include bbPress as functionality inside magento?

Thanks in advance.

Abhi

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Yes, it’s possible. It will require some work, but it’s possible.

So far i have succeeded by making magento session available in bbPress and adding user of current magento session to bbPress usess db table and logging in that user.

But while trying by approach mentioned in first post i placed the code containing bbPress fiunction calls in php files nothing seems to happen but after placing same code in phtml files i could see some error conditions happening on bbPress side.

The error generated are as :

a:5:{i:0;s:180:”Strict Notice: is_a(): Deprecated

a:5:{i:0;s:215:”Warning: include(WPError.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:wampwwwsvn_awe_homecodemagento-1.4.0.0libVarienAutoload.php on line 93″;i:1;s:4511:”#0 C:wampwwwsvn_awe_homecodemagento-1.4.0.0libVarienAutoload.php(93): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘include(WPErro…’, ‘C:wampwwwsvn…’, 93, Array)

a:5:{i:0;s:241:”Strict Notice: Non-static method WP_Pass::hash_password() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context

a:5:{i:0;s:202:”Strict Notice: Non-static method WP_Pass::generate_password() should not be called statically

To remove above mentioned errors do i need to modify bbPress code base or there is something else that can be done?

Or am i going totally wrong way?

Can some body help in getting right approach towards such intergration?

Thanks

I think you should contact people on their board:

example

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/72188/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar