Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help me in customizing my forum…Please!

• Hello,

I have started a bbPress forum on my site. But not being able to do few things properly and hence seeking help. Kindly guide me.

1. My page header section contains a meta tag like this…

<meta NAME=”robots” CONTENT=”noarchive”>

Is this OK? I guess this is used to block spiders, isn’t that?

2. I want to show a adsense ad inside the first post only. But when I edited the Post.php and reloaded the post page, I found that the ad is appearing in every post. How to limit that ad for the first post only?

3. Is it possible to use WordPress blog’s header on bbPress (Replacing forum header with blog’s header) without integration?

4. Page Views is not appearing in the forum menu. How to fix that?

Waiting for some helping hands. Thanks in advance.

– Bapun

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

1. No, that is to prevent search engines from caching a copy of your site. It will still be indexed, you’re just telling the search engine not to cache the site.

2. PHP. You need to do a little PHP that says “if this is the first post, then show the adsense, otherwise, don’t.”

advertisements after the first message

3. It’s not that easy. It’s better to create a bbPress template that looks like your WordPress template. But you can read others experiences by browsing the integration tag.

4. Why do you think page views should be showing up? That’s not built in.

What version of bbPress did you install, and what plugins did you install?

3. Is it possible to use WordPress blog’s header on bbPress (Replacing forum header with blog’s header) without integration?

Yes, it is possible. I did it for my own website, and i dont experience any kind of performance problems (yet).

4. Page Views is not appearing in the forum menu. How to fix that?

There’s a plugin for that …

And for the rest i must say. Use the search button more often, there’s a whole world of answers on youre questions, just throwup a searchphrase, and you will be amazed what you could find ;-)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar